About 75 people gathered at the Rusty Pelican Saturday morning to see University of Miami Architecture students' presentations for Virginia Key. Dr. Gregory Bush first set the stage with a powerpoint presentation. There was a lively question and answer period that followed the student presentations. After the initial meeting the group moved on to the Virginia Key Trust to do some drawing of their own. Plans for Virginia Key are now getting public participation and fresh ideas. Anthony Garcia, Architect in attendance said:
"I was impressed with the solutions the students presented for the basin area. They correctly identified access to the waterfront as a major programmatic theme - a challenge that has never been adequately addressed, until now. "
Whether or not you attended this weekend's Virginia Key Design Workshop please feel free to write your feedback on the follow questions provided below. We would love your public input! You can send the answers to email@example.com or leave them here as comments.
1. Are you satisfied with the 4 general vision for the North Point areas of the VK plan as presented?
2. Do you have any suggestions about further integration of the island's assets-including the role of the Historic Virginia Key Park Trust or such elements as signage, transportation?
3. Are you in favor of a National Park Service presence on Virginia Key for Biscayne National Park?
4. Do you believe a multi-jurisdictional authority over VK should exist with clear principles to preserve the public interest on the island?
5. There has been a proposal for Miami Atlantic Marine Park- with a 50,000 to 150,000 square foot building located next to the Marine Stadium. Included elements might include: green marine demonstration, boat museum, marine exhibition, cultural emporium of the Atlantic world (including eatery and crafts from the Atlantic world), and a welcome center for the island. Your comments on this notion? Other related concepts to add the would adhere to the deed restrictions? How big/small should it be?
Welcome to Gig World
3 weeks ago